Since the beginning of the pandemic outbreak, we have seen various protective equipment trends in the market. From N-95 and surgical masks to face shields, sanitizers, and non-contact thermometers, the businesses left no stone unturned to come up with new ammunition to combat the pandemic. Some of these products failed to meet the basic expectations, while some went the extra mile to get approved by established organizations like the FDA (Food and Drug Administration). Further, stocks were limited in the initial days, which led to panic-buying and shortage of supply. And the tendency is prevailing even today, as we slowly move towards getting a vaccine.
According to the latest reports, the US hospitals and healthcare systems are already experiencing a panic-buying of cold storage facilities to keep the vaccines at their proper temperature range. It is going to be real messy for some time. However, self-protection is still pretty much in our hands. We should follow all protocols and do not throw the preventive measures up in the air. From wearing masks and maintaining social distance to checking body temperatures before entering an enclosed public space, the protocols need to be in place. Otherwise, we may risk losing even the slightest immunity achieved during the period.
What is the best way to record fever in public places?
The COVID-19 pandemic has popularized the idea of non-contact thermometers or fever-scanning devices, like thermal guns, thermal imaging cameras, and more. Handheld infrared scanners are used by retailers, factory owners, schools, and colleges alike, to detect fever. About 70% of COVID-19 patients exhibited fever as one of the many symptoms of the viral infection. Thus, it will not be wrong to assume that by restricting access to public spaces by people having fever, the infection rate can be controlled to some extent.
But what is the best way to record the body temperatures of several persons without jeopardizing the safe distance protocol? Experts believe that the non-contact infrared scanner that takes temperature measurements from the wrist or fist undoubtedly wins the competition. They have the maximum accuracy rate and come with data storage facilities, both offline and on the cloud. You may refer to these recordings regarding any liability or unfortunate situation.
The infrared scanners measure temperature from the wrist or fist, unlike the popular non-contact habit of taking the temperature of your forehead. It helps improve accuracy than forehead scanning, which has several loopholes. First of all, sweat on the forehead can affect readings to a good extent. They can also get altered by head wearables, like bands, face shields, etc. While it can be risky to take the minimum protection off to allow for temperature measurements, the non-contact infrared scanner is a better alternative.
In the traditional way of measuring body temperature, you place the thermometer in your mouth or under the arms. But the non-contact infrared scanner may be different. They reduce the chances of mistakes, especially cross-contamination.
Normal body temperatures range from 97F to 99 F. Even a degree above that indicated fever. While choosing a device to scan multiple temperatures in public places, remember that infrared scanning is an effective and futuristic technology. Some of their benefits have been discussed below in detail:
- They help us maintain social distancing norms - The foremost function of the infrared scanner is to maintain social distances and give the consumers what they need to know. With the
- Their accuracy level is higher - Hence, they provide the people with better security in public places. As sweat droplets, make-up, or even hair strands can alter readings, the fist-first technology is used to scan fever in these devices.
- They are self-reliant - Most no-contact fever scanners have to be regulated by an expert. The entire process can take so much time if one person (or two) has to be there always to scan body temperature. The automated infrared scanners thus remove this dependency and enable self-reliant fever scanning seamlessly.
- They are affordable - Numerous infrared scanners are available in the market these days. You may find some cost-effective options too if you know where to look. It is best to shortlist a few brands to decide how to buy such tech protective equipment. Compare prices and features carefully to reach a decision.
- They are fast and effective - When a handheld temperature scanner is used by someone to check for fever of everyone entering the premises of a building, the time taken for the entire process is a lot. NCITs or Non-Contact Infrared scanners are fast, efficient, and also highly accurate.
What are some of the best practices of using NCITs?
Although it is easier to use an infrared scanner for measuring body temperature, you should keep certain things in mind and follow them religiously.
- Do not install the scanner in a space that gets direct sunlight or an overheated one. It can lead to internal damages that are irreplaceable at times. Ideally, the temperature of the environment should be somewhere between 60 and 104 F with less than 85% humidity in the atmosphere.
- Place your fist a little distance away from the scanner. There is no reason to touch it to improve its accuracy. There is also no evidence backing this myth, so it should be removed.
- It is best if you can keep the device to yourself after installation and allow it to get adjusted to the environment for about 30 minutes.
- The NCITs are sensitive to water, or any other liquid. Be careful not to touch them with moist hands and sanitize them after you are done.
- The sleeves should be pushed up, and there should be nothing on the area of your body the readings will be taken from. So make sure you uncover your fist or wrist properly before putting it under the scanner.
Now that you have an idea about how to use the NCITs, you should think of ways to hasten the fever scanning process. One way to do that is by putting the device on a portable stand so that you can move it anywhere.
You may also install auxiliary units on the main entrance and transmit data between multiple units for future storage. In case there is any liability or legal suit, you can refer to these data to prove your innocence. Some of them also come with cloud storage facilities that help keep the data protected for longer durations. Choose the best device in the market that has all these features and more.
How can Machine Sense help?
Machine Sense offers NCITs called FeverWarn to fight the pandemic and reduce the rate of infections. It is cleared by the FDA as one of the safest means to measure body temperature changes and is self-reliant. With an accuracy rate of +/- 0.9F-0.5F, FeverWarn, by far, is the most effective fever-scanning device for a large group of people. The color screen displays, email and Smartphone alerts adjoining wall-mount or stands, built-in sound amplifiers, and buzzers are some of the unique features of the NCITs. As the FeverWarn devices are designed and manufactured in the US, you can get them at quite reasonable prices.
So why are you still waiting? Order your no-contact fever detector today!